This intensive 16 hours (2 days) provides participants with an introduction to DevOps, a cultural and professional movement which appeared in 2010 and aims to improve the workflow between Software Developers (Dev) and Operational Teams (Ops). Improved workflow will result in an accordingly optimization of the capability to design, develop and operate software and services faster. This session allows participants to acquire a basic knowledge of DevOps and puts the focus on communication, collaboration, integration and automation with the goal of improve workflow between developers and IT operation managers.
Date of upcoming public sessions
No public session currently planned in this country.
Please, choose another country or contact AB Consulting.
You can also contact us about the organization of an in-house training course
The target audience of the DevOps Foundation (2 days) (DevOps Institute) course & certification is composed of:
- People engaged in IT development, IT operations and IT service management,
- Individuals wishing to have detailed understanding of the principles of DevOps,
- IT professionals working in an Agile environment or will do, and who need a detailed understanding of the interaction between Agile and DevOps,
- Individuals who want to understand the cultural changes DevOps entails.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have some experience in the IT and IT Service Management. A previous experience in Agile methods (Scrum for example) would be a plus.
At the end of this course, each participant will know and understand the following aspects of DevOps:
- Objectives and concepts,
- Company benefits,
- Performance criteria and results in the real world,
- DevOps principles
- Concepts and methods (including the relationship between Agile, Lean and IT Service Management),
- Cultural and organizational considerations,
- Methods of communication and collaboration,
- Methods for automation and technology factors,
- Considerations when changing,
- Challenges, risks and critical success factors.
Introduction and background
- The context of Business
- The Business perspective
- The IT perspective
- Dev and Ops perceptions and realities
- Why start with "Why"?
- What is your organization's Why?
What is DevOps?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps Stakeholders
- DevOps Goals
- DevOps values - CAMS
- DevOps Business value
- Top 5 predictors of IT performance
- What DevOps is not
- Who is doing DevOps
DevOps and IT Performance
- DevOps increases Agility and Stability
- DevOps and Quality
DevOps and Automation
- Automation is an essential element
- Automation enablers
- Automation benefits
Measuring DevOps Success
- The three ways
DevOps and other Frameworks
- DevOps and Agile
- DevOps and Lean
- DevOps and IT Service Management
- Understanding Organizational Culture
- Managing Culture Change
- DevOps Skills
- DevOps Teams
- DevOps Organizational Structures
- Promoting Collaboration
- Improving Communication
- The first way: Understanding and Improving Flow
- The second way: Amplifying Feedback Loops
- The third way: Continuously Experimenting and Learning
- Preparing for Failure
- ITSM Process Improvement Practices
DevOps Automation Practices and Tool Categories
- Where to begin?
- Application Life Concerns and Tool Categories
- Other Tool Categories
Adopting a DevOps Culture
- Eight Steps to Transforming your Organization
- Challenges, Risks and Critical Success Factors
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Mock Exam
Official DevOps Foundation Exam (60 minutes)
The official exam DevOps Foundation (DevOps Institute / Peoplecert) is included in the DevOps Foundation and Certification training course package.
The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes. This is a closed book exam. The certification is granted as soon as the canditate provides at least 26 correct answers (65%). At the end of the course the trainnees will receive a voucher allowing them to take the online exam in the following three months.
The course DevOps Foundation (2 days) (DevOps Institute) is delivered by Alain BONNEAUD (CGEIT®, COBIT® 5 Accredited Trainer). Alain is one of the few people in the world having an extensive experience in the implementation and Assessment of COBI® 5 enablers and holding the COBIT® 5 Certified Assessor certification issued by ISACA®.
Alain Bonneaud is an International Expert in the domains of Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT®) and IT Service Management (ITIL®, ISO/IEC 20000, COBIT® 5, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 38500, PRINCE2®). Alain regularly acts as "IT Governance and Transformation Senior Manager" within International Firms all around the world, to assist them in the implementation of IT Governance and IT Service Management (ITSM). He is also accredited for many years to deliver training and certification: ITIL® ( Foundation, Intermediate and MALC), ISO / IEC 20000, ISO / IEC 27002 and COBIT®.
Alain is also Head of Delegation of Ivory Coast in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC40 and JTC1/SC27 sub-committees, and, as such, he is co-editor of ISO/IEC 27013 (Integrated Implementation of ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27001, published in 2013) and ISO 20000-8 (ISO/IEC 20000 Implementation for the Very Small Entities - To be published).
Price and financial conditions
Fees include the whole package composed of :
- training delivery by a trainer approved by DevOps Institute / Peoplecert on the DevOps qualification scheme,
- personalized welcome in the training room with mineral water, breaks and lunch,
- course material approved by DevOps Institute,
- online official DevOps Foundation examination (DevOps Institute Qualification),
- delivery of the DevOps Foundation digital Certifcate (for successful candidates),
- group limited to 10 people max. (25 people max. for online courses) in order to guarantee the quality of the interactivity with the instructor.
Terms & Conditions
To be validated, DevOps Foundation (2 days) (DevOps Institute) online registration is requested (a registration link is provided in the "Dates" tab on the line corresponding to each session)
Full payment of the course and exams must be recieved at latest 10 working days before the start of the training. We accept payments by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal.
Tarif Early Bird
Save 10%* on the price of any registration received, accompanied by its full payment, more than 30 days before the first day of the session.
* This offer is valid for public training sessions only and cannot be cumulated with any other promotional rate.